Island Integrated Counselling is an arm of the Vancouver Island Integrated Counselling and Community Services Society. Island Integrated Counselling is committed to:
- Provide clients with a safe, confidential, supportive, professional, and AFFORDABLE therapeutic environment.
- Help clients realistically assess their strengths and learn how to improve their manner of coping and perception of their world and their interactions within it.
- Offer clients the tools they need to develop new solutions to the challenges they face from the world and their life choices.
- Help clients pursue wellness in a way that respects their autonomy.
- Develop in our clients increased confidence in themselves and their abilities.
- Help clients develop better and more satisfying relationships with family, friends, and their work environments.
- Provide progressive and innovative support services to the community through positive mentoring, education, prevention, and intervention initiatives.
Island Integrated Counselling is a place of support and growth for both personal and workplace clients. Individuals, couples and families are facilitated to improve their quality of life by attending to their relational and emotional well-being. Workplace settings benefit from the agency’s educational and training role, improving working conditions and collegiality. Cost is not a barrier to receiving our assistance.
What can counselling do?
At certain times in our lives, we all encounter difficult or challenging situations. Family and friends can be a great support, yet occasionally we may need someone with more empathy, compassion, and skill to talk to. Counselling can be helpful, for example, when we feel anxious, depressed or suicidal, have suffered a loss/bereavement, feel stressed and unable to cope, lack confidence, or experience relationship or family difficulties. At other times, we may feel stuck, and simply want an opportunity to explore who we are and what gives meaning to our lives so that we can move forward.
Fees are based on what our clients can afford. Payment is accepted by cash, cheque, e-mail transfer, or through our Donations website.
We are a Registered Charity. We accept donations toward any of our programs and services. If you wish to make a donation please go to the Donations page. You will receive a tax receipt, acknowledging your generosity. These donations make a major difference! On average, clients who cannot afford the full cost of therapy contribute half of the cost of their counselling. The Society, through donations and an annual contribution from the Gaming Fund, must make up an average of $40 per session, $320 per client’s course of therapy, to continue our commitment to remove cost as a barrier to therapy. The support of businesses, government agencies, and community members is essential for us to deliver on our mission.
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia through a contribution from the Gaming Fund.